Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My 1st Mother's Day

Sunday was such a sweet day for me. I got to celebrate being a mom! Every day is a celebration to me because I got to be with my sweet boy, but just taking an extra day to be reminded of how special being a mom is, is nice.
You can read about my infertility journey here.
I absolutely love being Bradley's mom. He is such a joy to me and everyone he's around. Becoming his mom 5 months ago came much more naturally then I originally thought it would.
When we found out we were having a little boy I was overwhelmed with emotion. I was happy, excited and nervous. Mostly because I don't know much about boys. I have two sisters, 4 girl cousins, Jordan has 2 sisters, and all my friends were having baby girls. I just had never really been around baby boys. Before finding out our baby's gender, when I searched the internet I always looked at girl items (let's be honest, the clothing selection is soo much cuter). But the moment I met Bradley I knew I was meant to be his mom. Everything just seemed to 'click' and it's been a wonderful journey into motherhood ever since.

On Sunday I also got to honor my mom. I am very lucky to have her in my life. She has always been super supportive and present in me and my sister's life. She has also been a great grandmother to Bradley and my sister's kids. She wants to be a part of them growing up. I am forever grateful for how much she has helped me with Bradley while I finished up this spring semester.

My mom and I (32 weeks pregnant)
Mother's Day also brought on some bittersweet thoughts. I was thinking about all the women still suffering through infertility and all the emotions that come with. I remember after my 1st miscarriage in May 2009, the very next day was Mother's Day. It was heartbreaking to say the least. My wish for women dealing with infertility is that you hold on to hope, because having a baby (by whatever means) is the ultimate prize and will make your journey to motherhood so much more worth it. <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love this. I had a great run Mother's Day morning (I told my husband thats all I wanted was a long run!). I ran 4.5 of the greatest miles I have ran to date. My mind was just overwhelmed with thoughts of becoming a mom, being a mom and my weight loss journey. It wasnt a fast 4.5 miles but it was the easiest by far. something just clicked on that run! i totally needed it!