Monday, September 13, 2010

Thintervention

I often find myself watching weight loss shows for motivation. Love love love The Biggest Loser..liked Celebrity Fit-Club..and any of those Bridal Bootcamp shows I like to watch too. Thintervention with Jackie Warner premied last Monday I believe and I finally got around to watching it yesterday. I actually enjoyed myself.
At first I thought it was going to be drama, drama, drama and girls that needed to lose like 20 pounds, but I was quite surprised. The contestants are all overweight..one girl my age has 50% body fat, her mother is also a contestant who has battled cancer twice, one girl has PCOS (which I've been tested for), one contestant I'm almost sure is an alcoholic and then of course there's Jenea from Real Housewives. All the contestants, to me, are interesting and are there for the right reasons. Jackie had each contestant go through their pantry and clean out everything that had more than 5gr of sugar per serving. Jeanea even had to throw out some yogurt that had more than 5gr of sugar. I've never considered yogurt a "bad" food..in fact, I eat a FiberOne yogurt about everyday..I will have to check on the sugar. Then she had everyone run/walk 2miles. I know when I first started on my journey I couldn't walk/run 2 miles! They are doing this "thintervention" for 7 weeks. At their first weigh in everyone lost a good amount of weight..I think the lowest loss was -4lbs. So it will be interesting to see how the remaining weeks go and what other tips Jackie has to offer. I will continue watching :) Thintervention is on Bravo tv on Monday nights!  

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I watched yesterday for the first time. Loved it!