Thursday, September 23, 2010

My {probably unhealthy} relationship with the scale..

I do weigh myself everyday. Not Once..but three times a day. Is this a bad thing? Probably. I weigh in the morning, as soon as I get home from work and right before I fall asleep. I think, mentally, it helps me feel like I'm in control of my weight if I see the numbers throughout the day. I know this cannot be good.

Lindsay, prior fatgirl did her No Numbers Challenge that I was so motivated by! But yet, I couldn't do it! The thought of not stepping on the scale in the morning terrifies me. I wish I could get to the point where I'm wearing jeans that I haven't worn in two years and feel good about that, but I keep thinking about the number. It's hard, because I feel like I'm doing everything "right"..tracking my points, working out 4-5 times a week..eating less, moving more..and I am seeing results, nearly -40lbs this year so far, but I am still fixated on that scale!

A few months ago, I asked Jordan to hide the scale and cross his heart not to tell me where it was. Come Monday morning, I was begging and pleading with him to tell me where it was. It was like I was dying without it. He finally gave in, and sure enough, I had gained over the weekend. I had been overeating and not caring because I wasn't checking in with the scale. Pretty sad, huh?

Has anyone been affected by this and how did you make a break through??

No comments: