Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5K recap

I woke up Saturday morning to get ready for the 5k and ate a mini bagel with peanut butter and banana slices. I was watching Biggest Loser clips for motivation. I was so pumped!! Anyway, Jordan and I left to pick up my running partner and her hubby and off we went. The traffic on the highway was sooo packed because this is how many people were there:
 Marlene and I have been training for this moment for 8 weeks, people!!
Me and my #1 fan, Jordan <3

The race started on time and honestly I had so much adrenaline pumping through my body that I started off running waaay too fast. I felt like I was sprinting. So, halfway into the first mile I had to start walking. The good thing about training with Marlene all this time is that we are really good at keeping the same pace to eachother. It's like we knew when we both had to slow down. The second mile seemed harder to me..partly because I felt like I was using all my energy to run past the people who were walking. Next year I need to do the timed race, for sure.
The last leg of the race was fine for me. We were back to seeing all the people, the music, the booths and I saw Jordan when I crossed the finish line even though I wasn't trying to make eye contact. We ended up finishing at 48 minutes. I was perfectly fine with that, because I know I gave it my all and this was something I never would have even thought twice about a year ago! The first week of the Couch to 5K I could barely run one minute, let alone a mile. I would recommend the C25K program for anyone interested in distance running or just trying to build endurance or getting into shape.

Crossing the finish line!!

And yesterday..I did somethinhg I've never done either! Zumba!!..Oh my, but that is another post in itself :)
Byeeee


1 comment:

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Great job!! You're kickin' butt!