Monday, March 12, 2012

Grocery Trip highlights

I try to go grocery shopping with Jordan every two weeks so we can get everything all at once based on our meal plan. It doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes I end up going solo (which I hate), but today we were able to go together so it was a success. We always grocery shop at Target; I think the prices are comparable to Walmart or Dillons (Kroger) and with the Target REDcard it's an additional 5% off even if you already have a coupon.
Here are some good eats I bought today:
If you click the link; you can see the nutritional value. I think these will come in handy because let's face it; I love chicken strips. I could probably live off of chicken strips. The Perdue Simply Smart line is 40% fewer calories and 50% less fat. I mean, obviously boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the healthiest option, but these are quick and easy..and sometimes that's what I need: convenience.
We've completely changed from beef to turkey in our household. I honestly think ground beef and ground turkey taste the same, but that's just my opinion. All recipes I make that call for ground beef I just substitute ground turkey. We've also switched to the turkey bacon. At first j wasn't too pleased, but once he saw the nutritional value versus center cut bacon he was fine with it. Plus, turkey bacon has a lotttt less sodium which will help with blood pressure levels. I love the Jennie-O brand; I've never had a problem with their products.
I was so happy to see all the fresh fruits in the produce section today; especially the strawberries. J and I decided one of these nights we're going to make breakfast for dinner so we got some Fiber One cereal and some apple streusel pancakes. Should be yummy :) and as healthy as we want it to be.
**I also made another purchase, but that is for another entry** :)

2 comments:

Lynsey said...

Don't leave me hanging like that! ;) I think I have an idea but I won't jump to conclusions.

Fit Mom said...

All the food looks good. Good job! I will be getting a ton of food today too!! Thanks for inspiring me. And I cant wait to hear about your other purchase. I am hoping it is what I think it is.