Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Running with Dad

So, back in October I blogged about my Dad running a half marathon. He was awesome. Anyway, last night he called and asked what I thought about running with him in the Wichita Riverfest River Run. OK-I am no runner by any means. I posted a recap of my 1st 5k. I finished in 48 minutes and was pleased with that. But, I didn't continue running afterwards. I was over it. So when my dad asked me if I wanted to train for this run (I actually think it's a 10k?! not 100% sure.) I was like "uhh..." but I decided it was a good idea, because when I was training for my 5k the pounds were just melting off. I'm ready for that again! Plus, it's something my dad and I can do together!
We are going to train every Saturday and Sunday morning. He said whether it's raining, snowing or the sun shining we'll be out there! Ok, Dad! So, Sunday I will update with how our first days of training went. The run is on June 4, 2011!
Dad and I in Last Vegas December 2010

3 comments:

Kat said...

Fun! That will be such a neat bonding experience. My parents and fiance are definitely spectators (and post-race feasters) and not runners.

Lynsey said...

That will be great. Wish I had someone to run with me.

Waist, Hips, and Thighs said...

Its great to hear that you and your Dad will be training and running together. Dedication is key and the attitude every weekend no matter what is a great start. Keep us posted.

-Thomas