Monday, October 11, 2010

My Dad ran a half marathon!

I wanted to dedicate this post to my awesome Dad! On Sunday, 10-10-10, he competed in The Prairie Fire half marathon finishing {unofficially} at 2 hours and 40 minutes. Now, keep in mind that this guy has type II diabetes and has lost 70 Pounds!! He has since changed his lifestyle, running 4-5 times a week, weightlighting and keeping up with his grandkids. My Dad started training for this half marathon February 2010 running 4 to 8 miles 4-5 times a week. He is going to run the full marathon next year! I know he has been a huge motivation to me especially as I trained for my 5K..giving my tips about my shins, stretches etc.
My Dad crossing the finish line!
Me and my Dad in 2008

Proud of you, Dad!!

1 comment:

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Congratulations to your dad!!