Monday, February 21, 2011

Why I'm thinking about quitting WW..

..gasp. I know, right?
So, I have been a member of Weight Watcher's since January 8, 2010 (2 failed times prior) and have lost 50lbs and 4 pant sizes. Weight Watcher's works {for me}..no doubt about that. The thing is..I have felt uninspired and unmotivated lately. I don't know if it's just me or if I'm just bored with the program..or bored with the meetings. Lately I literally dread going to my Friday meetings.

I don't want to wear my usual weigh in outfit every Friday morning.
I don't want to step in front of a scale in front of the receptionist to see I've lost .2, .4, etc.
I don't want to sit through the meetings while I'm hungry- I don't eat before my weigh in.
I don't want to pay $12.00 a week to "learn" the things I already know.
I don't want to sit through the meetings thinking "I know I could do this on my own.."


I think what it really boils down to is: I want to be "normal." I want to just be able to live a "normal, healthy" lifestyle. I don't want to have to worry about everything I put in my body. I want to be able to make exercise just a normal part of my daily life (which I believe it has become..) I want this to be a "lifestyle change" where I like it's second nature. For example, instead of feeling like "omg I want fried chicken!!..but I should have grilled chicken instead.." I want to just go straight to the grilled chicken! I think I'm getting a little off track..but, hopefully someone is following where I'm trying to get at!

I do have my fears. I think back to all my failed attempts after leaving WW. The first time I quit was May 2008. My older sister just found out she was pregnant with my nephew so she quit and I ate alongside with her throughout her pregnancy. The second time I quit WW I found out I was pregnant. Although my pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, I never re-joined (which I should have!). I think this time is different though; I'm not sure.

 I feel like I am more inspired by Mama Laughlin, Jen, a priorfatgirl and Slimming Down for the Gown (and tons more of bloggers out there!) than I am with the actual Weight Watcher's meetings. We'll see though. I think I will give it a trial run under the end of March and see how I'm doing.

Has anyone else ever felt this way??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww thank you!!! I've never done weight-watchers, but I can definitely appreciate wanting to just feel like you're leading a normal lifestyle. Losing weight takes so much time and devotion, it's easy to feel like its taking over your life. I was just thinking the other day, how I can't wait to be able to eat a brownie every once in a while and NOT worry that it might mean I lose .1 less.

Lynsey said...

I just came upon your blog last week so I haven't commented yet. Looks like you have done a wonderful job on WW and I'm sure you've learned a lot and you know what's going on so as long as you have that foundation, you will be fine. Just keep bloggin and that will be all the accountability you need!

Bob said...

Hey, really great blog posts… I've enjoyed reading through your blog because of the great style and energy you put into each post. I actually run AceHealth.org, a blog of my personal research and experiences. If you're interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail: bob.mauer65(at)gmail(dot)com, and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Also make sure to send me your report at the end of today so I can review. Just add today's contacts to the end of your current sheet like you've been doing.

Thank You,

George Christodoulou

Just Brandi said...

Thanks so much girl!
You know, I have done WW and I thought the same thing you did "I can do this on my own!"
And I did.
I think WW is a great program, but I also think it stems from something we all have deep down inside... DETERMINATION.
That's what it takes!

Weight loss is boring at times.
It sucks at times.
You'll want to quit at times.

... but you know it's all worth it.
That's what makes it a "journey".
You have to learn how to fight your way through the ups and downs!

You can do it... look how far you've already come!

Jennifer said...

I feel like this all the time. I want to give up and live a normal life. In my heart I know living my normal life consists of fried foods and snack cakes. I just don't want to go back to that. You just have to do what's best for you. You can take the things you have learned and apply them to living a normal life. Good luck to you if you do decide to let go of WW. It just shows that you believe enough in yourself that you can do this on your own! And I believe you can!

Kat said...

Lady, I've never done WW, but I do a daily food journal (on a sticky note that gets tossed at the end of the day) and I can't wait for the day where I don't have to think twice anymore.

It's all about the baby steps. Maybe take two weeks off of WW and see how you're doing/how you feel?