Thursday, February 17, 2011

10 fun facts about me..

I thought I'd switch it up today from all the workout, food, weight loss, goals, etc mumbo-jumbo and focus on myself today! ha
Here's 10 fun facts about me:

1. I failed driver's education! Ok, not really "failed," but my instructor called my parents and basically said he was scared to drive with me. I got a 'C' in the class! The only 'C' on my High School transcript. How embarrassing! I feel that I am a good driver btw :)

2. I "competed" in pageants from 2001-2006. I use the word competed lightly..mostly because I wasn't really competitive. I'm still trying to get to the root of why I wanted to parade around in ballgowns and be judged based on my looks for all those years, but I did and I had fun doing them. I was Miss Kansas Teen Photogenic 2004, 4th runner up Miss Kansas Teen 2005, 2nd runner up 2006. My family still makes fun of me for these "titles."

3. I dream of one day buying an old house and remodeling it, but still leaving the old charm.. Preferrably in the south.

4. I want to have children. Like, yesterday. BUT..it seems I will be waiting another 5 years until my husband is finished (or at least in his 3rd/4th year) of medical school.

5. I think seeing my baby sister go off to college in August will just about kill me. Not that I'm not proud of her, but I feel like I just want to keep her under my wing and protect her. The big, bad world is just that..a big, bad world :)

6. Both my sisters were/are involved in band and played various instruments..very talented. I, however, cannot carry a tune.

7. I have learned that marriage is hard work. You have to work at it everyday!! But, I've never been happier than when I'm spending my days with Jordan..doing just whatever.

8. This may be a far fetched dream, but I'd like to one day open up a wedding reception facility. Now, I'm not a business woman, but I would love to have a space to offer to brides to hold their wedding ceremony and/or reception. Maybe one day..

9. I wish I would have been more involved in the blog world when I was planning my "very budget savvy" wedding. I started reading The Budget Savvy Bride towards the end of my planning. Her blog seriously helped me so much with my feelings of having an inadequate wedding, because of how limited our budget was. I just wish I would have found it sooner!

10. I want to do a "trash the dress" wedding shoot in June when I'm closer to my goal weight. I can't believe my wedding dress was a size 20...barf.

Happy Thursday! Weigh in tomorrow :)

No comments: