Thursday, June 13, 2013

Paleo meatloaf {recipe}

My favorite way of finding ideas of meals to add to my Whole30 meal plan is from Pinterest (follow me: amarshall627) I created a board of foods specifically for this Whole30 challenge. I ran across this recipe for Paleo meatloaf and thought..easy enough!
It was really easy to make..I used ground turkey instead of beef and omitted the mushrooms. I was pretty worried about how it would all hold together, but it actually stayed together pretty well. I was kind of worried about the way it looked..it wasn't the most appetizing dish I've ever prepared. But it was really good and filling. I was surprised.

NOT my picture: source


2 lbs. Ground turkey
4 Eggs
1 1/2 C Shredded Zucchini
1 1/2 C Shredded Carrot
1 Small Onion - minced
1-2 Cloves Fresh Garlic - minced
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 tsp Black Pepper

In a small pan, saute the onion, garlic, mushrooms and spices over medium heat until tender. In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, eggs, zucchini, carrots, sauteed vegetables. Mix with clean hands until well combined. Place mixture in a meatloaf pan
. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Let rest about 5 minutes and serve.

Enjoy :) see you tomorrow for weigh in.

1 comment:

safire said...

This looks yummy. Good luck with your weigh-in.