Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Babies on the brain

..Not for me at least!
My friend Carrie gave birth to her son last month! Introducing Remington:
How adorable is that little guy?! So sweet..and who is loving the way hospital newborn pictures look these days?! Way nicer. So I am co-hosting a baby shower in her honor. I think it's called a 'sip and see' since she's already had him..but that just sounds strange to me!
I decided to make little Remington a diaper cake for the shower. Now, I've never made one of these and I don't really consider myself creative. So I did what anyone else would do..read tutorial after tutorial and and countless how-to youtube videos haha. It really wasn't necessary because it really did end up being pretty easy. I ended up making a smaller cake than you usually see..only 50 diapers, but I think it's still super cuuute :o) Easy as 1..2..3..
Not bad for my 1st attempt :)

2 comments:

mama bee said...

So cute! You did a great job. I did my first one of these for a shower last year, and was surprised at how easy it is after you get the hang of it, and they are so nice for the mom.

:Deliciously Healthy said...

adorable!