Monday, October 25, 2010

Fear:
Fear of not seeing the scale lower.
Fear of feeling disappointed in myself.
Fear of not accepting that I am doing the "right thing" with my weight loss journey.
Fear of feeling like all the hard work I put in at the gym isn't working.
Fear of not meeting my goal weight.
Fear of disappointing those around me.

Trust:
Trusting that I'm doing the "right thing."
Trusting that the Weight Watcher program actually works.
Trusting my ability to track my points correctly.
Trusting that my portion sizes are correct.
Trusting that I actually can lose weight.
Trusting that I can lose this weight in a healthy way.
Trusting how my body feels and not what the scale tells me.

Basically, what it boils down to is I have way too much fear about my weight loss journey. Whyyy can't I just take it one step at a time and trust myself that I'm doing the best that I can? Last night I finally cried. I let my frustrations finally get to me. And guess what my husband did? He hid the scale. For real this time. I am going to do this..the right way..I'm going to accept the fact that I have lost 4 pant sizes, 40 pounds since January 8th, and that I work out 5 times a week. I'm going to continue on my journey trusting that I'm doing the "right thing" and let nature run it's course. I need to put a little more trust in myself and my ability to lose this weight. Back to the basics..

1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

girl you have so much to be proud of.. keep working- you are doing the right thing!