Sunday, May 22, 2011

Healthiness Goals in Pregnancy

So, I'm going into my 7th week of pregnancy which is exciting because it is halfway through the 1st trimester!! I've officially surpassed the length I was pregnant with my 2nd miscarriage which is also a relief. I thought I'd document my goals for this pregnancy relating to exercise, food and weight gain, etc.
(Sorry for another bullet post, but it's just so much easier to keep all my thoughts in order.)
  • Since I am considered "high risk" I've decided to "back off" from working out. I was exercising 4-5 a week doing hard core work outs. I've decided that even though all the baby books say it's okay to maintain your work out regimen, I don't feel it is for me personally. (No judgements, please!)
  • Because of this choice, I am no longer going to run the 10k with my Dad. This was pretty upsetting to me, but I was really putting all my effort into running, but it isn't worth the risk to me. I will still be cheering my Dad on!
  • I am, however, doing a lot of walking and staying busy around the house, shopping, etc. My friend Maggie is 37 weeks pregnant right now and we've been going on a lot of walks!
  • I am taking a nap when I feel that I need to. I'm not sleeping my days away, but if after grocery shopping I feel like I need an hour nap, I will take it.
  • I am still eating the same..I haven't really had any food aversions yet. Smells are very sensitive, but I'm not craving any "bad" food. I think my body is just used to eating roughly 1400-1600 calories a day. Of course I'm going to up my calories, but I'm not going to go overboard and "eat for two."
  • I am still drinking a can of Diet Dr.Pepper a day. My dr said if this is what I normally do, then it's fine. I have also been intaking the amt of water I drink a day to about 100oz. I have been running to the bathroom like crazy! But, I am prone to UTI's and apparently you're even more prone while pregnant. I do not want any UTI's!!
And last but not least.....
My weight gain goal during this pregnancy is: 25lbs. Goals: 1st trimester: 5lbs, 2nd trimester: 10lbs, 3rd trimester: 10lbs. But most of all, my goal is to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby :o)  

No comments: