Wednesday, February 20, 2013

C25k {week 2}

I made it through week 2 of the C25k despite being out of town all weekend. Holler!
I did, however, miss my Saturday's run. I had every intention to make it to the gym before we headed out of town. Well..didn't happen. It's hard only having 2 hands to get things done.
That's okay though because I woke up Sunday morning at 6am and trotted down to the hotel's gym.
So I did week 2, day 1 and it went just fine. I said it last week that I thought it was pretty easy. I followed the plan accordingly- walk 5 min, run 90 sec, walk 2min for 20 minutes. I felt like I could have run longer than the 90 seconds, but I feel like I should just follow the program exactly. 
Monday I figured I better double the run since I missed Saturday. So I did 40 minutes instead of 20 minutes. I counted that as week 2, days 2 & 3. Let me tell you, after the 20 minutes were up I really didn't want to keep going! My shins were starting to hurt a bit; I think because I didn't stretch that well, I just hopped on the treadmill. But, I kept up with it. Then I got a cramp in the side and remembered from my past that my cramps were caused by not breathing well. So I started taking deeper breaths in through my nose and exhaling through my mouth and all was right in the world again. When my 40 minutes were up my legs literally felt like jello. I stretched well and headed home and had to take an ibuprofen.

I will be back at it for week 3 on Saturday. 11 weeks 'til race day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, just came upon it! (I tried to leave you a comment earlier, but I don't think it went through)

I know how hard it is to lose weight - I lost 100lbs 4 years ago and it is NOT EASY!! But you can TOTALLY do it!!

By the way, congrats on your new little nugget! He's adorable!

<3 Sasha