Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I really was a fat bride..

...and I have the pictures to prove it.
Told you!
A little about me..my name is Allie and I'm from the midwest, born and raised. I was married in June 2009 to the most loving and supportive man, Jordan. After our wedding, we were living the life..decorating our first home together, going out for drinks with friends, hosting get togethers at our house complete with appetizers and beer and eating out just about every night for dinner. Some nights we settled for fast food and others we treated ourselves to a 3 course meal at an italian restaurant. My "fitness" considered walking from the parking lot to my desk job at an insurance company. I also had some medical issues during our first year of marriage (which is another entry in itself) so needless to say, I gained some major weight!
During Christmas 2009, Jordan and I took a weekend mini-vacation to Kansas City. I was so out of energy from just walking around shopping and none of my clothes were fitting right. I went into Victoria Secret and felt like I didn't belong there. Me in Kansas City:

One of my favorite hobbies, shopping, was no longer fun. That is when I decided I needed to change my way of life. I joined Weight Watchers on January 8, 2010 weighing in at 239.8 (yikes that is hard to write) and ever since then I've been counting POINTS and slowly, but surely, the weight has been coming off one pound at a time. In May 2010 is when I really started to focus on working out along with tracking everything I ate. I was trying to look my best on the beach for vacation in Port Aransas, TX. I am now in love with working out! For the past 3 months, I have worked out 4-5 times a week actually enjoying myself everytime I'm sweating in the gym. I signed up for the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer 5K held on September 25th with my best friend, Marlene. Together, we have been training through the Couch to 5K. Can you believe 7 months ago the thought of running never even crossed my mind and now I look forward to pushing myself every week?! It is crazy to me. I am continuing on this journey until I'm at my goal weight..however long it takes. Within the next few months I hope to decide on my perfect goal weight..until then I am having a great time experimenting with food, pushing myself to the limit with workouts and watching my body and attitude change..all while taking pictures along the way, of course :) Me, so far:



"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is." ~ Ellen Degeneres

3 comments:

Katie said...

I think you're so rad! I'll follow you :) :) hehe I did the WW thing once and I gained it all back plus some. I loved it, but I quit too soon.... big mistake! Keep it up!

Katie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm totally going to add you to my google reader.

Kimberly said...

Good luck to you on your weight lose journey! You look great. I see you just started blogging. WELCOME!