Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stressing{s} vs. Blessings

When it comes to food, I categorize myself as an emotional eater. I eat when I'm bored, I eat to celebrate acheivements, I eat when I'm sad..etc etc. But most of all, I eat when I'm stressed! When I'm stressed, I get this overwhelming feeling of over indulging because "I deserve this for what I've been going through!" I can usually get those thoughts in check because I go on a full on binge, but I'm not perfect. I'm also trying to learn to manage my stress better before the baby gets here. It's an ongoing process..I'm continuing to work on keeping a positive attitude and looking for the silver lining in all situations.

Stressings vs. Blessings

  • Stress: I was rear ended a week ago on my way to class, but..Blessing: The baby and I are both okay! My car needs repairs, but the insurance company has {surprisingly} been alright to work with.
  • Stress: The fall semester of school has begun and I already feel slightly overwhelmed, but..Blessing: I know I am competent enough to finish this semester..even with a baby due two weeks before finals :) I'm blessed to have such a supportive and loving husband by my side during the semester.
  • Stress: Our air conditioner went out for two days; it was over 90 degrees in our home, but..Blessing: We have a very diligent landlord that came over and fixed the problem ASAP.
  • Stress: My debit card went missing..no where to be found! But..Blessing: No unauthorized charges were made. I was able to cancel the card and order a new one.
Looking back after I've written this all out, I guess things aren't so bad. Sometimes I tend to overreact. I have a lot of exciting things coming up! We are getting a 3D-4D ultrasound done on Friday at 28 weeks; I can't wait to see what my little man looks like :), I'm about to enter my 3rd trimester the first weekend of September!! (really?! Never thought we'd see the day!), baby shower scheduled for 9/30/12, nursery is coming along nicely, maternity pictures scheduled. So, really, in the grand scheme of things, all it takes is sitting back and not dwelling on the negative, but aiming for positivity.

follow me:
-instagram: alliemarshall627
-pinterest: amarshall627

2 comments:

Ann said...

Congrats on all the progress - can't wait to see the maternity pics! :)

safire said...

You are glowing! Good luck with everything.

I tend to stress easily too so putting it out in a blog entry helps a lot. It helps me organize things into things I can control versus things I can't.