Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Infertility Timeline

This post may be a little long..but I've received a few emails from readers asking about how far along I've been with my pregnancies/what I've been tested for/what medicines I've taken/etc so I think it'd be easiest to just make a little long timeline.

March 2009: Pregnant! Wow, out of the blue. Jordan and I just moved into our house and-oops- weren't married yet.
April 2009: Had first OB appointment at 8 weeks and everything was perfect..sono measuring exactly where it needed to be, heartbeat. We were THRILLED. I was SICK as a dog (whatever that means).
May 2009: 5/3/09 woke up with terrible back pains. Worst pain ever..Jordan called my OB's office and they suggested going to the ER. Went to get checked out, sono showed heartbeat and growing baby, however, my cervix was open and I had a UTI. Dr. was RUDE and ordered me anti-biotics and sent me home. I was in intense pain 10, on a scale of 1-10. I even told the nurse I was scared to go home. I miscarried an hour later at home at 11 weeks. 5/5/09 I had a D&C by far, the worst experience of my life.
August 2009: It has been 8 weeks and Dr. said we could try again so that we did!
September 2009: BFP on 9/2/09!! Miscarried 9/11/09 at 6 weeks, sono showed no heartbeat, also I have absolutely ZERO symptoms. Dr. ordered labs and diagnosed me with Hypothyroidism. Started Synthroid.
October-December 2009: Nothing.
January 2010: Decide to forego TTC, but do not got on any birth control..just trying to be "safer." I start Weight Watchers and lose 50lbs. My thyroid levels are where they need to be. We pay off a lot of debt, Jordan is continuing school and we are HAPPY, but something is still "missing."
April 2011: I go for my annual well woman exam and express that we are ready to start TTC'ing again. She suggests Clomid and progesterone. We decide to start actively trying to conceive in May.
May 2011: BFP 5/13/11!! Sososo HAPPY. Confirmed pregnancy at PCP, was seen by OB very next week. 5/19/11 beta: 582, 5/24/11 beta: 2400, 5/26/11 beta: 3281. Not quite doubling every 48 hours, but sono showed heartbeat at 6weeks so we were thrilled.
June 2011: 6/4/11 ended up miscarrying at 8weeks. I had slight pregnancy symptoms: exhaustion, sore chest, strong sense of smell.
July 2011: My cousin tells me about a Reproductive Endocrinologist who she felt was a God send to her family. We submit an application to be seen and finally hear back that we've been approved.
August 2011: Start seeing the RE. Transvaginal sono showed "beautiful" uterus, ovaries, lining. Dr orders an HSG test and genetic testing. Insurance approved HSG test first=perfect clear tubes and uterus. RE is concerned about auto immune disorders especially Hashimoto's Disease. Insurance finally approves genetic testing.
September 2011: Tomorrow we are going for genetic testing at 8am. We are anxious and optimistic. We should have results in 4-6 weeks.

I never knew how strong I was until I was faced with infertility.



Questions/suggestions? Email me: amarshall627 @ gmail.com

1 comment:

:Deliciously Healthy said...

Sorry your road has been so long. I hope it ends soon :)! Although I've never suffered a miscarriage, I know the heart ache of infertility... XOXO