Thursday, September 1, 2011

High School eating vs. College

I was pondering this during my History of Western Music class tonight (which is totally boring btw!)...why, all of a sudden, do I think I can eat the way I did in High School now that I started taking some college classes? Maybe it's the thrill of being in class and feeling younger or maybe it's because I feel like I'm on the go all.the.freaking.time? I don't know, but I really need to get out of this mind frame..

When I was in High School, I was pretty average..I remember going to my routine physical for freshman basketball and my weight being 127...I thought I was huge.
{2004}

I worked as a waitress about 30 hours a week and was always on the go. I was always out with friends, but I had a terrible diet. My favorite meal was a McChicken from Mcdonalds with buffalo sauce. Nice, huh? I drank tonssss of Dr. Pepper and Wendy's chicken nuggets. Yet I always stayed pretty slim.
So, why am I reverting to that lifestyle? I ate a McChicken today...with..guess what? Buffalo Sauce and oh guess what...a Dr. Pepper! How did I feel  afterwards? Disgusting. So what did I do when my class go out an hour early?
Work out!!

I plan on coming up with some kind of plan in regards with what to eat between work and class because fast food is the worst thing for me. Oh, and I need to cut that Dr. Pepper crap out..I quit drink regular pop a long time ago..why start again?!
Sigh. Every day battle, huh?!

1 comment:

Renae said...

I know when I was in high school I thought I was huge and at that time I was huge in that generation. But now if I was in high school I would of been average! Times have changed and maybe body image is what needs the most work. I know I have tried to be kinder to my body now that I am in my 40's. I hope you can get there sooner than I did. Cause no matter what the weight its important to not give up on yourself. Your great!