Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My new favorite compliment

When I was on a strong weight loss streak I used to get really embarrassed when people would notice that I'd lost weight. I don't know why, exactly. It was nice that people could see that whatever I was doing was working, but I was always ashamed that people had to see me through my weight loss struggle. The whole "Oh, Allie, you're looking great!" "Oh, thank you!" <Geez, I wonder what they thought I looked like last year..> You know what I mean.

Now that I'm not losing weight, I'm loving when people notice my healthy eating habits. I didn't want to be that pregnant woman 'eating for two' and going crazy over cravings. Sure, I'm not going to deprive myself, but I know my limitations. When I started Weight Watchers January 2010, I really did change my eating habits and choices. That's what the program is all about, right? My favorite snacks are fresh fruit and raw veggies, no joke.

With my pregnancy, I haven't had too many 'cravings' really. I'm loving peanut butter, peaches, gala apples, peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches, watermelon, strawberries, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and huge, fresh salads (the kind with everything on it that probably aren't very good for you :)) Then there are the evenings where I reallllly need a chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell or Arby's curly fries. It was a need, ok? :)  

Until next time :)

No comments: